Location-enabled mobile ads will be effective and will command great price value.
Being physically close to a business, within two miles; has large effect by lifting click-through rates on mobile banner ads.
Mobile ad trading platforms are reporting huge increases in location-enabled impressions. And, it turns out some of the underlying location data is unreliable, now.
Location-based features: have turned out to be great for boosting response and engagement on apps. Facebook, Google, Yelp, Instagram, Groupon, Twitter and dozens of other popular apps offer location-enabled features.
These mobile properties, and many others, have moved beyond the “check-in” concept, which in any case never really caught on with users.
They may still offer the ability to “check-in,” but are also trying to be more imaginative with location-based notifications and location-aware services.
Local data based search:
– Can connect hundreds of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses to the mobile economy.
– Google highlights the “local mobile consumer,” in its ad sales material, and touts statistics that show a third of mobile searches are locally driven, and 94% of smartphone users have searched for local information.
– In a Google survey, 76% of the respondents said they would like businesses’ location or operating hours.
- Location-based mobile ads to be worth €6.5bn in 2017 (mobile-ent.biz)
- Big Impact Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses – Location Based Tools (business2community.com)
K-Light Lantern & Flashlight fits in the glove box for those roadside emergencies